Friday, April 18, 2008

The road ahead

What we have here is a long ass drive that I will have to repeat several times between now and July 1st, 2008 when I finally finish up with my business in Florida and arrive in South Carolina.

Robert has already moved there in order to start a new job, and I have the fun task of staying behind for the next few months due to a whole host of reasons (not the least of which is needing to finish my degree).

According to Google Maps, it is an eight hour drive. I suppose that is possible if you never stopped to pee or put gas in your car. So far, I haven't been able to make it in less than 9 hours.

The bags are packed, the podcasts are loaded on the iPod and I am ready to head out later this morning after a few hours of sleep. But take a good look at the route that I have to take; as I said before I will be repeating it many times over the next two and a half months. If you know of a cool place of interest (or a really good picture spot) along the way, let me know. I'll check it out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: