Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Break up


It seemed like a logical request - it really did. I purchased my new iPhone on April 24th and rumors of the new model began showing up on the web around April 29th. They are making a slightly thinner version that works on the 3G network available sometime in the next couple of months. The kicker to all of it is that they are making it available for half the price that I was just charged for my iPhone.

I had always planned on returning the phone if I did not like it. I am locked into my t-Mobile contract until August 1st - so I was really just test driving the phone more than anything. But WOW what a test drive it was! I truly love this phone - it is a million times better than anything else on the market.

I made the phone call today; I ended up with a customer service representative named Linda. I
explained to her that I was within my 14 day return period and that I would be much happier if they would just credit me $200.00 and let me keep my iPhone.

I haven't decided yet whether her response was funny or just sad? She claimed that she had no knowledge of any "new" iPhone being released. She even pretended to make the effort to do some digging around on the internet for information (she didn't seem to hear me when I suggested that she simply GoogleNews the phrase "new iPhone").

So here I am. Packing everything back in its box and heading down to the AT&T store to return it all.

I will miss you Mr. iPhone

But I hear your younger brother is even hotter than you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you learn from the last time you wore that Avenue Q shirt? No good can come of it...